The Baby Bureau

 I believe I've written previously on this blog about The  Baby Bureau, a wonderful local agency that collects new and gently used baby things, up to size 18 months.

My Circle has supported this organization for a number of years, timing our collections with the semi-annual rummage sale at church.






 This year we have an opportunity to expand our giving! The church has come up with a handful of "ministry grants," and one need only have a plan and fill out an application for the perusal of the Powers That Be.

Our Rummage Sale was on a temporary hiatus and it occurred to me that the young moms in our church may not know about The Baby Bureau, and how much the agency would appreciate their babies' outgrown clothing.

 I applied for a grant of $100, enough to purchase backing, batting, and binding for four baby quilts. I would make the tops out of scraps from my stash. 

My grant was approved! I set to work! I pieced my four tops and purchased my supplies. My initial plan was to machine quilt them myself, but after being less than impressed by my efforts, I decided instead to tie them.


Baby Bureau Sunday is coming up early in October. The congregation has been invited to bring in their baby things. The Baby Bureau agency will assemble packets of clothing and blankets according to size and furnish them to moms who don't have a lot of money.

I didn't spend my whole hundred dollars AND the Rummage Sale is back on!

Life is good.



Comments

Karla said…
Nancy, you are a gift to many
Quiltdivajulie said…
Four beautiful quilts and SO much more!!!
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful program!! Your quilts are beautiful. It's amazing what you do with your scraps!!! Kudos to you and your church!!
Barbara Anne said…
What a wonderful ministry to all! Love these cheerful and delightful quilts, too, and can imagine the joy they'll bring to four households.

Hugs!
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Well done, you generous and faithful servant! The quilts are simply glorious.