Snapshots


Well, I went with my gut and with the majority of the opinions rendered, and put the squares in the middles of the white areas. I'm not convinced that this was the right thing, but it is done now. My eye is drawn to the squares and not to the individual snapshots. But it is a baby quilt, and the baby will be viewing it at closer range, so I think it is fine.

Snapshots is a flimsy, the third of four baby quilts I will make before October to help raise awareness of The Baby Bureau.



Comments

Janet O. said…
The squares do draw the eye when viewed from this perspective. But up close from the baby's viewpoint, those snapshots will have more visual interest, I believe.
Barbara Anne said…
Applause!! Love the bright, happy colors, and the creative setting for these blocks. Some lucky baby and mother will be charmed, I'm sure, to have this wonderful quilt for their very own!

Well done!

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
VERY nice! You've been busy.
Tanya said…
It is very pretty! The squares really give it a different look!
Nann said…
Welcome home, Nancy! I enjoyed your FB posts from Out West. I looked back a couple of posts -- the larger squares were the right decision, and making them all the same color provides more focus. Good design!