Word Salad Update #1

Surprising myself, I'm staying up to date on the Project 48 blocks. Block Five was shared today and I didn't waste any time getting it done.

So far, so good.

You may recall that this quilt is to be called Word Salad and that this has nothing to do with She Who Has Endorsed He Who Must Not Be Mentioned.

By the time the 48 blocks are done, someone will have very recently been elected.

I'm aware that my blogging has trickled off these past few months, and I'm not sure why. I'm certainly sewing and busy doing other things, but I seldom get around to writing a post. I'm going to try to post more often.

I'm still involved with a Bee through the Guild. My blocks from 2015 have been assembled, sandwiched, quilted, and have a destination. The fabric for the binding has been cut and will be machined on within the week and hand-stitched down in front of the television after that. My blocks for 2016 all have come in and now what I need to do is lay them all out and pick the lattice fabric. This task is daunting. I wish I could just get someone to do it for me! But I will do it, because I do love the blocks and want them to be a quilt.

Here's a picture of what I'm working on for this month's Queen Bee. Not the HST but the strips.







Comments

Barbara Anne said…
Love your various Word Salad blocks to date and look forward to watching as their number grows.

Well done on all the other sewing you've accomplished, too! I wish I knew where my sewing energy has gone as it still seems a chore to do much of anything.

Thanks for the many kinds of inspiration you and your blog contain for us!

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Happy to find your post -- please do not disappear from blog land completely ...
Denise in PA said…
Loving the Word Salad blocks! And, can't wait to see your Bee Blocks in a quilt! Nice to see your strips for this month's bee blocks...I need to get started! Glad you will try to post more (I love your stories!)...although I have no room to talk not having posted in, gulp, a year and a half (really gotta get on that! LOL o:) )