Lady of the Lake: Swap Being Organized

First of all, let me start by saying this is not my quilt. Heck, it's not even my photograph! It is Bonnie Hunter's quilt. The photo is used with her permission and she calls her quilt "Out of the Blue." Excellent name.

Okay, credit being given with gratitude to dear generous Bonnie, let's move on with what's happening!

Back in the spring, blogless Marilyn and I got the idea of swapping Lady of the Lake blocks. I put some pictures up for friends to look at and this block is the one that appealed to blogless Helen and somebody else. We are going to swap blue and white blocks made from batiks and WOW; at least that is where we are at this point. Details are being finalized. We're also deciding between 8" and 10" fished blocks. Prolly going to go with 8".

The problem is, there are just a half dozen of us. And it sure would be nice to have another half dozen. The more variety of blues, the more beautiferous the quilt, IMNSHO. It will be a centralized swap, i.e., participants will send all of their blocks to me along with a SASE. I'll do quality control and swap them out and send them back. I'm thinking sign-ups by July 20 and blocks due by September 25. I'm working on a set of precise guidelines and will make them available to all participants. If participants are on Facebook, I'll set up a private FB group; if not, I'll run it through my yahoo group.

If you've ever thought about making a LOTL quilt, now just might be the time! Leave a comment if you are interested in participating and make sure I have a way to contact you. And then go dig through your blue batiks and fondle away!!!!

If you are not interested in swapping, please hold comments for this post. I don't want to get confused!



Comments

my interest is piqued....any idea how many blocks need to make?
LizA. said…
I'm in -- we chatted briefly about this last summer but there was no way I could work it in with the recent move and trip to Alaska planned.....
Barbara Anne said…
Oh boy! I'm in - and I vote for 10" blocks if that's still under discussion, but will still play if the choice is 8" blocks.

It's been a few years since I bought much fabric (well, had to have Nancy Drew!) so hope to find cream batiks are more readily available than they used to be.

I'm wondering, as Grace is, how many blocks - 1/participant or 2... but guess that's one of the details yet to be decided.

Hugs!
Barbara Anne said…
Amend that "cream" batik to white. Are there white batiks?? Off to explore on quiltshops.com
floribunda said…
maybe... I have lots of blue batiks! As others have asked -- how many blocks? Seems like we're going to need to make a lot of them if everyone is going to end up with enough 8" blocks for a quilt...
Anna said…
Count me in please. This will be my first block swap. Let me know if you need to email me and I will send you my address. :)
Denise in PA said…
Nancy, I'd love to participate!
Pati said…
I'm in! This has been on my "to do" list for a long long time.
Nancy said…
I may be interested but I have two questions:

the number of blocks will be determined by the number of people?

also, only batiks for the blue? will any blues be acceptable?

Thanks :)
Nann said…
I'm always up for a swap with congenial quilters. Add me to the list. Pick me! Pick me!
Deb said…
Nancy,

I might be interested if you could give me more details? I have a lot of blue batiks, will it be any shape of blue or more specific, and like the others...white batiks, or just white material? Don't know that I've ever see a white batik!