Parish Fair Offerings

Well, here is Sophisticated Strings, all machine quilted (stitched in the ditch) and bound! I'm pleased with how it turned out.

The little church where I work is having a parish fair in a few weeks and I offered a baby quilt for the Silent Auction. I think Sophisticated Strings fills that bill  nicely and hope that it will bring in a little money.

Yes, I'm going to count it towards my 101 Projects to use up scraps. One day this week I'm going to set up a separate page for these projects.
The parish fair coordinator seemed so happy to have the offer of a quilt that I decided I'd make a dozen pot holders to donate to the crafts booth. These are the first two.

I had a great time making them. The other ten are all pieced and sandwiched. I'm slowly binding them (wrap around binding from the backing) in front of television.


Comments

Karla said…
This quilt is gorgous, and the pot holders are fun. Nancy, you are so talented in so many ways! I don't say this to many people but I am going to say it to you: I admire you. A lot, for many reasons. Thank you for being a silent teacher to me. You have taught by example.
Janet O. said…
Wonderful offerings, Nancy. You are so good to make things for worthy causes! Seems you are always giving an original creation for something wothwhile.
QuiltingFitzy said…
Did you use anything special inside the hotpads? Any extra batting, etc? I need to make some for MYSELF, lol. I really love your string quilt, great donation! xo
Barbara Anne said…
Sophisticated String turned out to be so interesting and wonderfully colorful! I love the off-center setting of the blocks, too. Some baby will love this quilt for years to come!

Cute potholders, too! For projects this small, I also often bring the backing fabric around to act as binding.

Rain is likely later today for us and we need it. Some of the trees are donning their autumn colors and they are lovely.

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Love your string quilt . . . and that you had fun making it!
LizA. said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
LizA. said…
Loverly....what generous offerings.