Mayfly Madness

I will be attending a baby shower on the Sunday following Thanksgiving. The mom-to-be does not know the gender of the little one, so a neutral sort of a quilt is needed.

I had bought some of the Mayfly Mischief fabrics when I was in Asheville back in July, knowing they would be for a baby quilt at some point, but not knowing it would be this one -- I didn't even know at that time that Kendra was expecting!

Earlier this week I came up with a design and tonight I began working on it. The little squares finish at 2", the stars are 6" finished, and there will be five stars irregularly scattered throughout the quilt.  I'm loving it.  Click to see the hilarious prints . . . .

Comments

Pat said…
really cute baby quilt. Fun, but in sophisticated colors. You are on a roll!!
Pamela Kieffer said…
I love the simplicity of this quilt and the fabric will suit baby to toddler.
Marj said…
The fabric is really cute,love the ABCs in the stars. You have a very lucky friend.
Gretchen said…
Great quilt and I love the colors & fabric. I love quilts that don't scream "baby" and will be much loved through toddler years & beyond.
Janet O. said…
What funny fabric! I really like this idea with the randomly sprinkled stars. Great baby quilt, whatever the gender!
Darling quilt and the colors are wonderful!
Susan said…
Love those prints. So appropriate for a baby, but also for the child as he or she gets older.
Anonymous said…
Love the prints and the pattern you've chosen. This will make a great baby quilt. Thanks for sharing.
cindy
LizA. said…
I love it--I like the way the stars will be scattered and definitely gender neutral. I may have to "borrow" this idea.
Katrina said…
I love those fabrics!!!! Great baby quilt :-D