A Productive Evening

With Joe out at a client meeting tonight, Blackberry, Bodacious and I had the house to ourselves.  Bo took the opportunity to catch up on some much-needed sleep, or so he implied.  Blackberry shredded two plastic bags and raided a couple of trashcans, pulling out fabric scraps and gnawing on them.

I got some stuff done, myself.  Finished the last three blocks for Argyle, Anyone? and moved the blocks around and around until I had a pattern that suited me.  I've not sewn them together yet, and now that I'm looking at the photo, I might have to move that one aqua one.  These blocks have been fun and easy to piece and I'm liking the result.  Someone suggested that I might need to do another one in CWs, and, to tell the truth, the idea holds some appeal.

But, wait!  That's not all!  I machined the binding on the Jungle Songs baby quilt and will likely start the hand-stitching of same tomorrow evening.  Then I pieced a back for Neapolitan, who is going out to the machine quilter in a few days.  I started to piece a back for the Sister's Choice quilt, and got so far, and then was tired.

And when I came upstairs, Bodacious was still asleep.


Comments

Unknown said…
It's looking gorgeous Nancy - you're right about that aqua block - it's not so obvious in the blog picture but when you look at it in the thumbnail shot on facebook it really jumps out at you - totally delicious though :)
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Either you're zippy fast or that was one long meeting that Joe attended! Regardless, "Argyle, Anyone?" is stunning! You were one busy lady~
Unknown said…
Love the quilt top. You had quite the productive evening. Winter blahs has got me down but will start a top for daughter's school raffle today..needs to be done by end of month
Pat said…
Boy, did that go fast!! Yep, try switching the aqua block with the one in the bottom left corner. I'm glad Bodacious caught up on his sleep. My hubby read something that cats need at least 16 hours of sleep/day. That same article probably said that dogs need a bag or two of fibers a day as well.

WV: Mityam. An Amish culinary term meaning that the dish contains sweet potatoes.
Ray said…
Even more gorgeous!! I'm really loving this one. Will it be a keeper?
altar ego said…
I'm loving Argyle! A friend has a baby on the way (her first, after much anticipation), and I'm thinking this pattern would make a sweet gift for the little one. Once again, you inspire. Now all I have to do is act on that inspiration!
Lovely, lovely, lovely. It DID go together fast, didn't it?
Denise in PA said…
Very productive! Argyle, Anyone? looks fantastic - what a great pattern! I think it would look great in CW fabrics too! And, if it goes together so quickly, why not?!