Layin' Low

My colleague Alison is a great advocate of The Sleep Cure.  And she stays pretty healthy.  So I slept for nine hours last night.  And another hour and a half this afternoon (Sunday afternoon naps, IMNSHO, are nothing short of bliss).  And, at least, I feel no worse.

Made it to church where the special music today was glorious and stopped on the way home to pick up a couple of things at the grocery store (including two boxes of kleenex).  Fresh sheets on the bed and an essential load or two of laundry.  And that's about it for today, friends.  For the past hour I've been chasing links from Karen's blog.  Golly, she knows some talented people!

We're engrossed in an old Masterpiece Theatre series that comes from Netflix.  It's called "House of Elliott," and last night we watched two episodes while I bound a side and a half of the brown and aqua quilt.  Tonight will be another two episodes and, if all goes well, another side and a half. 

Earlier in the week I finished the binding on a secret Christmas project.

Apart from this binding marathon, there's been precious little sewing.  Which is okay.

Time to go blow my nose . . . .



Comments

Jo in TAS said…
I totally sympathise with you, my nose is red raw and I slept nearly all day yesterday, all last night and I'm about to head back to bed. Hope you're feeling better soon and I hope sleeping is the answer!
Hugs
Jo
Anonymous said…
House of Elliot was my all-time favorite PBS series. I saved it on tape until the tape fell apart. Enjoy.
Sue
Pat said…
Get LOTS of rest. The worst of it will be over in a few days, and then it will be just semi-annoying for a few more. House of Elliot sounds like a dandy cure to me! Feel better!!
Judi said…
poor Nancy - I hope your cold doesn't herald another winter of health issues for you. I have discovered, since working from home, that if you are kind to yourself and get plenty of rest in the early stages of cold - instead of soldiering on valiently - you tend to not suffer so much and recover much faster, not to mention probably don't infest all your work colleagues at the same time!

House of Elliott? Is that the British period drama about a design house? I do love a costume drama!
floribunda said…
We have "that cold" here on the west coast too -- I decided to spare my office-mate the pleasure of listening to me honking and coughing so I'm at home today. At least I go dressed, though -- yesterday I never got out of the jammies! Hope you (and I) feel better soon...