Business As Usual?

The mysterious dark screen on the laptop comes and goes.  I'm going to bring it to work on Tuesday and ask someone to take a look.  I'm hoping I can get one more year out of this laptop; I don't think three years is asking too much.  Is it?

Anyway, all of those recent trips down memory lane haven't halted the sewinig!  I've been working hard -- Dog Days (which is about to have a name change to something like Cinnamon Dolce Latte); at this point the rows are all assembled and there are two more long seams before I start the borders.  I'm like this quilt.  A lot.

And another project has become a flimsy; it is a wedding gift and a photo will be available shortly.  And My Blue Heaven is still my leader-ender project.

And yesterday I finished the binding on the Odyssea quilt.  I love this line of fabric and wish it were more readily available.  I found the fabric at a wonderful shop in Richmond when I was there at the time Nate was born; I bought a charm pack and a small amount of yardage and then picked up the lattice fabric here at home.  It's going off to Nate today!



Comments

Nancy said…
I love the quilt on the chair. Such pretty colors. What fabric is that?
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Keeping my fingers crossed for an easy fix to your mysterious black screen issue. That doesn't sound good. And, no, 3 years doesn't sound like an unreasonable request at all! I, too, love that Odyssea line, the colors and the print textures are captivating. Nate will be enchanted.
altar ego said…
Lucky Nate! Glad you had enough screen to blog today. Hope all goes well with a diagnosis and repair!
Pat said…
We had a similar problem with our desktop a few months ago. Turned out it was the flat screen monitor. Once I replaced that, we were OK. Hard to replace a monitor on a lap-top though.

LOVE the quilt -- very classy, and (when compared to some of you other beauties) not a lot of work. This must be the summer of cranking out the quilts for you!
Gretchen said…
I hope you get your laptop problem fixed. You definitely should get more than 3 years out of it! Just fabulous quilt for Nate!! Love the borders