Distracted

Back in late September and early October, Joe and I received the most welcome news that both of our daughters-in-law were expecting.  I tell you, with sons, the sibling rivalry never ends!

The time has flown by.  For us, anyway.  Probably not so much for T&A and A&A.  It has been wonderful to anticipate, to shower, to belly-rub.  And now it is time to deliver.

A&A elected to learn the gender of their baby, and their little boy will be born at the end of this month.

T&A chose to be surprised.  And their baby is due today.

So I'm a tad distracted.  Staying close to the real phone.  Carrying the dreaded cell phone in my pocket. 

Waiting.

And smiling.  Smiling, oh, so broadly!


Comments

Karen said…
Congratulations! How exciting! I've heard grandparenting is the best. Hope to experience myself some day.
*karendianne. said…
Well dear friend, thanks for the update. I think I'll be distracted with you...
Kimberly Mason said…
Yay! We'll be waiting by the...by the facebook and/or blog reader!
altar ego said…
Can't wait to hear the news! Hope all goes well for everyone concerned.
Pat said…
Keeping my fingers crossed for 2 safe, quick, and healthy deliveries! We are still waiting for Miss Madeline Rose, due 4/6, to make her appearance. I'm glad we're the ones waitin', Nance, and not the ones carryin'.
Nicole said…
How lovely! Keep us informed! You lucky thing...
Oh goody! Grandbabies are such a joy. Hope everything goes smooth and easy. I'll be waiting to hear what flavor you get.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
I can relate to this, although I can be distracted by just about any little thing~ ha! Praying for a safe and healthy delivery (twice);I will be watching for the big announcement right here! Hugs to you, my friend!
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Word verification on prior comment:
behonest
Why would I be anything else?
Cardygirl said…
Thinking of you at this special time...safe journey's for the little ones...
Unknown said…
Gosh that seems to have come round so quickly - hope all goes well for all concerned :o)
Tanya said…
Excited! Exciting! Keep your hands busy!
Judi said…
Do the proud parents know just how many of us keep checking online for an update? When the Queen gave birth, they used to post the announcement on the railings outside Buckingham Palace.

This is obviously the same system, updated for the new milennium!

I can just imagine how tense and excited you must be - looking forward to hearing wonderful news from you soon.
Brenda said…
OMG! How exciting...I'm feeling giddy for you. I can't wait to hear!