Holiday Weekend

It's the final day of our wonderful four-day weekend, and we've enjoyed every minute of it. Dinner with the cousins on Saturday evening went very well; I marinated some kabobs for Joe to grill and added fresh blackberries and raspberries to our salad. Bonnie brought dessert and it was a pretty easy meal. The cousins are great laughers and this night was no exception

On Sunday I made Suzanne's birthday block for her. I'm always fascinated by the totally different fabrics and blocks that the monthly participants will choose. Every once in a while someone will choose a block that will become instantly popular and the next year's envelopes will bring requests for that block in various colors and fabrics.

Saturday also showed the completion of Neapolitan and if the weather is decent later today I'll get a pic to post. We had another yummy meal and lots more laughter at our friends' home last night.

I woke early this morning and got Julie's birthday block finished. She sent the swirly fabric and requested it be the background with participants to add a tone-on-tone for the design. Her quilt is going to be happy and colorful, doncha think?

Am well on my way to getting Melanie Wilkes under control. Now there's a sentence I never thought to read or write anywhere! Imagine! All of the blocks are put together into huge four-patches and the first half have been arranged on the design wall. I have to get that half together before I can get the second half laid out. My design wall is big, but not queen size! I'm going to spend the better part of this day dealing with Mellie and then we're off to see "Taking Woodstock."

I hope your holiday weekend has been equally satifying.


Comments

Sue said…
I LOVE the "birthday block". Was that your own design?
Barb said…
WOW look at you! This is a very busy blog post, love the blocks that you are showing, also it is fun to hear of your fun! Gotta love the get-togethers that bring food and laughter! Have a great Labor Day!
*karendianne. said…
Well this is great! What fun you've had and I love reading about the progress with Melanie Wilkes, too. Neapolitan? I must see. Looking forward to hearing about the movie as well. I get all my cool info from you these days...