Sticka Buttah . . .

At the risk of making it look as though this is turning into a food blog, I offer one more succulent post for now . . . .

You can blame Kim, who posted her cobbler recipe the other day.

One day a good many years back, a bunch of us were at Liza Lucy's house and she served the most delicious dessert. She called it a peach cobbler. I suspect purists would call it more of a peach crumble. Call it whatever you like, but make it. Partly because it is scrumptious and partly because it is easy. Liza recited the recipe and we didn't even have to write it down! My picture is a half-size recipe made with all blueberries. Here goes:

Take a lasagne pan that doesn't have lasagne in it and put a lot of fruit in it. Peaches are great. Mixed berries are great. All blueberries with a little lemon juice and cinnamon are great. Haven't tried anything that isn't great. Put in more fruit than you would think because it cooks down. Then take a sticka buttah, a cuppa flouah, and a cuppa sugah, and combine them (I use the food processor) and put it on top of the fruit. Then bake it. Nice by itself, nice with whipped topping, nice with ice cream.

Liza didn't say how to bake it. I usually go 350 for about 35 minutes. You kind of know when it is done.


And we have been unable to learn whether it keeps well.




Comments

Karen said…
We have some great peaches available currently. I will make this on Monday. Can't wait to taste it.
Kim said…
Yum! No liquid ingredients, huh? Any idea whether it works with frozen (defrosted!) berries? I just went to the grocery store and brought home a cantaloupe and a pineapple--and I'm guessing neither would work well for this! ROFLOL! I DO have some canned brandied peaches, though--I might need to try those!
floribunda said…
Sounds eminently edible! My favorite summer combos are nectarines & blueberries or apricots & cherries. Try pears with some ginger in the winter, too!
Helen said…
Oh yum...

Sounds absolutely delicious!
Barb said…
Yummy...how simple can a wonderful cobbler be? My blueberries are in the freezer already, but the peaches are coming on now...so I will be putting this recipe together soon! OH BOY, I am ready to have at it, and just thinking ice cream with it...OK I am going to let it stop at this point :>)!!
Lynn E said…
Hello Nancy , I usually use brown suga in mine.
Hugs
Deedee
Anonymous said…
Yummy cobbler!! I'm a foodie at heart.