In and Out

When we came home from our trip, our good neighbor Maggie had brought in the mail when she'd come over to feed Bodacious. There was a nice brown box in the mail and I had no idea what it was.

It contained all of these wonderful things -- fabric pieces, FQs, charm packs, and other delightful goodies of a stationery variety -- recipe cards, note cards, little notebook. Oh, it was just splendid! It had all come from Summer Sadie, who had had a give-away earlier in the month. Isn't she clever? Isn't she generous? Isn't she just terrific?

Thank you so much, Sadie!

I got word yesterday from Anne that my give-away to her had arrived. I was amazed at the speed of the Transatlantic mail!

For her bag, I had offered Anne a choice of batiks, dignified burgundy floral, or surprise and she went with surprise. I had a nice bit piece of Daiwabo taupe and lots of scraps from previous projects and made her bag from those.

It was fun to do and I was happy with the way it turned out.

I know I promised a give-away to celebrate my 700th post. There's going to be a little bit of a delay on that. Probably Sunday. Or Monday. Stay tuned.


Comments

*karendianne. said…
Now I'm quite enjoying that mail you received. Those binder clips... I picked some up similar for my sister before I fell over sick. (exaggerating there) Just have to mail them out.

You know I love your Bags. Not sure about the ones under your eyes... You're becoming so svelte these days, I just can't seem 'em anymore.

Too Cool for School Love, *karendianne.
Barb said…
Arn't quilters just the kindest folks...we love to share! Your surprise in the mail is well deserved, especially following on the heels of a tough week! Your bag that you sent to the recipient is also splendid...see just a kind quilter again! Have a great rest of the week!
Wow, fantastic mail. Some gorgeous fabric there. Love the bag.
Congrats on 7000 posts.