Three Things

First, I heard from NapaStyle twice yesterday. One was another marketing pitch. The second, to my pleasant surprise, was an email stating that my five small items had shipped that very day and that my major item was scheduled to be shipped on December 5. Stay tuned!

Second, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family. Everyone was here for breakfast. I was still coughing (more about which later) and in the early morning Anastasia and Tom were so helpful, getting the table set, helping to arrange things. It was just glorious having everyone together. Joe made his signature French toast, and little Carrie couldn't get enough of it! T&A had to leave around noon to head back to Richmond but everyone else was here for dinner. I don't know what I would have done without Amy -- not only did she make Joe's favorite dessert, a Boston Cream Pie from scratch, but when it was that hectic time to get everything on the table, she started doing the water and the wine and when she'd finished that, she seamlessly got everything on the table as I got it dished out.

About the cough. I think I had too much going on Thursday and Friday. Friday night I had so much trouble sleeping even having taken the super cough medicine available by prescription only. At breakfast I told Joe, "If this isn't better by Monday I'm going to go back to the doctor." He said, "I think the doctor has hours this morning." I called and off I went. I was prescribed a new medicine, Tessalon, and it is effective in suppressing the cough much of the time and apparently has the side effect of producing extremely colorful, entertaining, and detailed dreams! Today I am much improved, and I am very relieved.

Third, we have a winner of the scarf I made and promoted in my Celebrate 600 post. It's chookyblue from the land of Oz; please send me your address and I will get your scarf off in the mail to you. I know it is summer where you are, but come autumn, I hope you will enjoy having it!



Comments

yippee thanks heaps for this gift........
Juliann in WA said…
Glad you got new medicine. I finally went to the doctor and got some meds too. I don't remember being this sick for a long time.
Congrats to Chooky - you will be stylin'!
*karendianne. said…
Happy you're feeling better and love that you had that fantastic breakfast. We used to do that at my Dad's before family headed back home. As a kid, I loved that!!!

Memories of Love, *karendianne.
Laurie said…
Sigh. I am jealous. You have no idea how much I look forward to the day when I get to stay home on holidays and have my kids (and only my kids, plus significant others, etc.) come to my house to celebrate.

Glad you're working on getting better. I've finally decided I need to take my 13-yo into the doctor for his cough. I absolutely hate giving him antibiotics for anything until we've proven that time and liquids won't work. I think after three weeks we've proven it.
suz said…
Hope your cough is better soon; glad you found a med to help. I have asthma and I'm bronchial-coughs are my nightmare. I'm jealous of Chookyblue-such a beautiful scarf-but from reading her blogs, she will certainly appreciate it!
Sounds like you had a very nice Thanksgiving. Love the picture of you and your husband-a lovely couple!
~Niki~ said…
You are invited to 'the last push' quiltathon! post the link on your site and of course pictures of your quilt progress Dec 13th!. Hope you will join all of us! http://www.justusquilters.blogspot.com
Niki in AZ
Just Us Quilters