Indulge Me Already

This is a picture of aspirin. You should have a bottle in your medicine cabinet. Near the Band-Aids, the Tums, and any other basic stuff.

After the use of Tylenol and Motrin became widespread back in the sixties or seventies, many people stopped keeping aspirin around. I was one of them. We never used it, so why have it?

Then I read somewhere that aspirin was helpful in reducing the effects of a heart attack and should be taken if a heart attack is suspected. Joe had an elderly father with a heart condition. We had an aging friend whose heart was fragile, too. So we began keeping a small bottle on hand. In the powder room with the band-aids.

We learned yesterday that the damage to Joe's heart is "moderate." Not "slight," which is what I'd been hoping. But, more importantly, not "severe," which it could have been.

If you do not presently have aspirin at home in a place where you can put your hands on it fast, please remedy this today.

It has made our lives different from what they could have been. It could do the same for you.

Indulge me. Get the aspirin.


Comments

The Calico Cat said…
You can't take asprin if you are pregnant... (or alka seltzer or pepto bismol as both of those contain asprin)
Now that I am "of a certain age", I keep a bottle just in case. Women should also be aware that heart attack symptoms for women are often very different than those for a man.
Tanya said…
I will do this as I didn't know this bit of information yet. I am now in Ohio, (yeah) and you are the first blog I've checked. So glad to hear your husband is better. While in the States I'll buy the aspirin.
But hark! as one of James Thurber's aunts was wont to say. For some people aspirin can be deadly. I ended up in the ER with a severe asthma atrack the last time I took one of them. That was 20 some years ago. It is not widely know but some people are allergic to aspirin, especially if they have nasal polyps, which I did. Scary.
floribunda said…
yup -- I've had my bottle sitting around for a while now... in fact it may be time to replace it with a fresh one! I'm so glad things have calmed down a bit and DH is home
*karendianne. said…
I think it should go in every package, every RAK, every winning item.

...this way I don't have to go out to the store again.

All about me Love, *karendianne. (which is really tacky of me at time like this, i know!)
Unknown said…
It's on the shopping list - especially as both DH and I have fathers who had triple bypasses - not such a good pedigree we've passed onto our kids