Winterberries



The "Time Began In A Garden" project continues. "Winterberries" is the penultimate of the twelve smaller blocks. "Holly" is bonded and begun. I still have the large center block to do, as well.


I'm glad I didn't have any kind of a deadline in mind when I began this project many months back. My progress has been slow, but I've enjoyed the process so much. I like to have a couple of the blocks bonded and in a basket in the living room so that I can do handstitching in the evenings, especially if I'm watching television or Netflix. Tonight my monthly hand-sewing group met and Winterberries was finished and the first few stitches of Holly were put in.


The large center panel is all bonded and some of the lettering is begun. I think it is likely the entire top will be finished by spring.

Comments

Juliann in WA said…
This is a lovely block. I need to go back further on your blog and find pictures of the other blocks.
Susan said…
Sometimes the process is what's important. Fast isn't necessarily better, and I know you realize that.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
This block might just be my favorite. I love the word "penultimate", too!
atet said…
Beatuiful as always -- and if you are enjoying the process, who cares how long it takes?
That looks gorgeous. Cant wait to see it all finished.