The Monthly Hand-Sewing Group: WWIT?

We get together on the first -- occasionally the second -- Tuesday of the month, the eight of us. Ostensibly our purpose is hand-sewing, each on her own project. But many's the month that we do far more giggling and exclaiming than actual stitching. We've been together for three or four years now, ever since the first Tuesday in January that I hadn't put my Christmas things away and the house still looked nice and I invited a bunch of girlfriends in for a night of hand-sewing. People are seldom absent, for who doesn't need a monthly evening of hilarity?
. . . .
This is our second summer for a challenge and this year it is called "What Was I Thinking?"as in "What was I thinking when I bought this fabric?" Each participant (six of the eight of us) put some fabric in a brown paper bag and we switched them around, sight unseen. This happened at the May meeting. We have until the October meeting to do something with what we received.
. . . .
Kathleen took home two pieces of warm Kaffe Fasset orange tones and Bonnie got a nice piece of white with rows of international flags. Emily received two totally unrelated pieces of something or another and I forget what Honna ended up with but it was something she liked. Helen got my Mary Engelbreit (WHAT was I thinking?) and I brought home six half-yard pieces of fruits and vegetables.
. . . .
Last night I finalized my plan for the WWIT fabrics and did some cutting. Joe is out of town (out of state, actually) today and Honna is coming over to sew. WWIT will be my project for part of the day. Come the first Tuesday in October, I'll post a picture of the final outcome!

Comments

QuiltingFitzy said…
Can't wait to see what you've come up with, it is challenging for sure.
Tanya said…
I really like your vegetable fabrics. I'm going to be looking forward to seeing what you make. As for all those blocks! You have a few months of work cut out for yourself. I have enough trouble getting my own blocks put together let alone start on exchanges (I've never done one yet and I'm afraid they'd be addicting. When are you off for Greece?
Marla said…
OH MY! I HAVE THOSE FABRICS AND THE SAME DILEMMA!I have owned them for two years and have no idea what to do with them either!!!!
A friend of mine has done a couple of these fruit ones for babies, they actually come up quite well. Have fun! Tracey
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
I HAVE these fabrics... more than you; I have the entire collection! I have a small inkling of an idea what I'm going to do but have yet to begin. I'm really eager to see what you come up with!