Temptation

I wouldn't have lasted ten minutes in the Garden of Eden. The minute that snake mentioned apples, I'd have started thinking pies, cobblers, applesauce, apple cake, you name it.
. . . .
I had these high ideals for today. Had a date with a girlfriend for breakfast and after that planned to devote the day to cleaning the sewing studio.
. . . .
Went to the diner for girl talk and yummy foods and to the bank and then home. Spent all of ten minutes on the organization project and then came across some fabric I'd bought five years ago with a specific project in mind. One thing led to another, and before long, there I was drawing a plan, cutting blocks, putting things up on the design wall, and the next thing I knew, the day was gone!
. . . .
Scarlett would point out that "Tomorrow is another day," but I'd be obliged to point out right back at her that there is lattice to be made, borders to be applied. So perhaps Monday will be the day to clean the studio. If not, oh well, in another three weeks we'll be in our shorter summer hours at work, and perhaps then I'll manage to be responsible.
. . . .
Joe and I went out to the 4:00 movie and saw "Waitress" -- http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/waitress/ -- and then ran across the street for a light dinner. The movie was terrific and the dinner yummy and the heat of the day has been relieved by a welcome rain. Fabric, film, food all added up to a splendid day Near Philadelphia.

Comments

I am exactly the same, but what is the point of creative inspiration if you can't have creative inspiration!
Love the roses, I have just been playing on my blog with some rose, blocks, pop over for a look.
Thanks for introducing me to Frank, I love his poems, Tracey
Ms. Jan said…
Lead me not into temptation....I can find it myself! I'm with you, why clean when you can sew and make a bigger mess???
atet said…
Oh my, do I understand that temptation. You forgot to add blogging into the mix. I should be cleaning my quilting space, instead I am reading and responding to blogs and have two new projects sitting out on my table ready for me to dig into. Help!