Tulips


Joe and I are relatively new Netflix subscribers. We realized that we had never seen every single episode of "Upstairs, Downstairs," and those we had seen were so long ago that we had practically no recollections. So we're doing the series through Netflix. Finished the first season and are working on the second.
. . . .
Watching this series provides abundant time for hand stitching, and the latest of the "garden" series blocks is shown here. The tulips hold the promise of spring, which is a mighty important promise, considering what the weather is like Near Philadelphia these past couple of days. I'm presently working on the fourth block, "Chinese Lanterns," which is a favorite of mine because these plants grew in the yard of my childhood home and I thought, as a kid, that they were utterly amazing. I still do, but they don't grow in my yard any more.
. . . .
The snow that caused such uproar yesterday was still coming down when we went to bed last night. At some point it had turned to what they now call "wintery mix" which I think is the same stuff we used to call "freezing rain" but I'm not sure. Suffice it to say that the prolly six inches of snow that we got was topped off with a slick, crisp icy coating.
. . . .
I had a wedding shower to attend today. Joe started early this morning to dig out the driveway but it was a heavy snow that didn't respond well to the snow blower and he tired. Fortunately, Carol got her shorter driveway shoveled out and drove us to the shower.
. . . .
Tonight holds more of the Bellamys and the Chinese Lanterns. Plus some hot chocolate, I think, for the guy who is out there yet again dealing with the snow.

Comments

Ms. Jan said…
Please, please post a picture of the Chinese Lanterns when done. I have 2 of them in my yard and just love them. With our mild weather, one blooms all year!
Anonymous said…
There IS a reason I did not return to Ohio when I left the Air Force! Here is hoping for spring weather for you soon! Love the tulips!
Pam said…
Sorry to hear about the weather there. It just seems to be a never ending winter.

We were thinking of starting to watch the Upstairs/Downstairs series, I have never seen it and my husband really enjoyed it many years ago. On PBS last week they had a top 12 Masterpiece Theatre countdown and Upstairs/Downstairs was #1.

Love the tulip block. Hope you see your tulips soon!
Angela said…
Your blocks are looking so wonderful.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
The tulips are a welcome sight in light of what was beyond your window. My dad said he would have to break through an ice layer to even think about using the snowblower but then decided to wait for the 50's and the thaw. I like the way he thinks. (He's north of Boston) I can't wait to see the Chinese Lanterns, either...
Susan said…
Absolutely love your tulips! Pi Day. That's cute.

So sorry it's been nasty there. Hope this thaw leads to real spring,