One of Those Weeks

It's one of those weeks. You know, the kind where there seems to be more to do than hours to get it all done? I haven't had one for a while, but suddenly this one is upon me, and it's making me crazy. I used to have lots and lots of these weeks, and seemed able to handle them with aplomb -- or something very similar to aplomb -- but the older I get the more stressful they are. Perhaps I've used up my aplomb.
. . . .
I have to be out every single night this week. I have transcription to fit in for my part-time fabric-supporting job. I have the Christmas decorations to get put away. I have my Sunday School lesson to prepare. It's a lot. Usually I can manage these weeks better if they are book-ended by relatively free weekends. That's not the case this time. We were away this past weekend and have a couple of things scheduled for the upcoming one.
. . . .
Creative time-management is called for. Knowing I had a meeting after school and then the board meeting to attend last night, I brought my Sunday School materials to work with me. Had two hours between the end of the one meeting and the start of the next and decided not to go home and return, but spent that time in solitude in my office and got the lesson very close to finished. That was a big load off my mind. Can work in the xeroxing today after school and use my lunch time to polish off the lesson.
. . . .
Got home a little after ten last night and Joe, God bless him, had taken down the advent wreath and was putting the trains away. I'll have two hours after school today and will spend one of them transcribing and the other putting the Swedes and nativities away for their year-long nap. Then off to tonight's meeting after dinner. Similar plan for tomorrow would involve the tree.
. . . .
Next week looks much more sane. But it is days away. If anyone could lend me about a cupful of aplomb, I'd be grateful.

Comments

Pam said…
I wish I could but I find myself right out as well!! Good luck with your week.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
I only have half a cup left, sorry. It sounds like you're on top of things with creative time management.