Laurie


I'd like to give my readers a Headzup about a blog that I follow faithfully. I can't even remember how I stumbled on Laurie's blog -- it may have been a link from another quilter's page or it may have been through clicking on a ring. Doesn't matter. I did stumble on Laurie and her blog and I'm so glad that I did.
. . . .
Laurie has some interests similiar to mine and some that are inconceivable to me (soccer playing, for example). Doesn't matter. The thing is: She's an excellent writer. She makes even kayaking sound like fun, for crying out loud.
. . . .
More important even than being an excellent writer, Laurie's an excellent thinker. Lately she's been writing about the imminent loss of her FIL, a path I traveled about five years ago. She's able to capture the feelings in words, no easy task; using the blog to help process what's going on.
. . . .
I'd urge you to pay her a visit. I've posted a link in my sidebar. She will not disappoint.

Comments

Ms. Jan said…
I couldn't get the link to work!! I wanna know this gal!
Laurie said…
Your comment section hates me. I've been trying to leave a comment for a couple of weeks now. We'll see if this one actually goes through!

Thanks for linking to me, and for all your kind words. Actually, you didn't discover me -- I discovered YOU! Somebody I read regularly (can't remember who) posted about your "coming out as a Democrat" post. I thought that sounded interesting, so I clicked on the link and left a comment that apparently led you back to my blog-home. (Isn't technology amazing?)

I liked your blog because you write the way I like to write -- single-topic essay-type stuff, created with a love of the written word. So I guess maybe we have a cool little mutual admiration society going on! :-)