Rant


I feel a major rant coming on. Just so you know.
. . . .
The number of blatant advertisement pages on Blogger is increasing at a huge rate. It is becoming less and less fun to hit "Next Blog" and see what pops up.
. . . .
And, to add insult to injury, these advertisements pages don't have the little bar at the top where you can click "Next" and move on. Seems there are only two ways to get off the page once you land there: (a) to close the browser and (b) to hit "Back" and then hit "Next Blog" again and hope for better results.
. . . .
I think these things are coming out of Google and frankly I would have expected better of them.
. . . .
Today I clicked "Next Blog" and this one came up:
You don't need to click it to see what it is. Just trust me when I tell you that IMNSHO any site called migrane prevention lacks credibility from the get-go.
. . . .
AAARGH.
. . . .
Again I say it: AAARGH.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Preach it, Sistah!!!

Kathy B
giddy 'cause it is Friday
floribunda said…
hear hear! I don't notice it so much with blogger -- but I do hate the full page ads when I go to the Delphi forums, to Paypal, and all the phishing and spam I get in my email (despite the spam-blockers)

GRRR.

Julie
Quiltgranny said…
Ah, since I don't use the "next" blog tab at all (never even saw it until you said something), I don't see the adverts. I've collected blogs I want to read, and use the blog roll in them to read to my heart's content. Often, I find other blogs within them, and check their list of blogs to read. That keeps me out of the adverts (and out of those nasty sites that you might get with the "next blog" thing!

At least Google is keeping the blogs with the adverts to themselves and not interjecting them into OUR OWN blogs!
Anonymous said…
pYou tell them, i stutter.
Susan said…
One of many reasons I switched my crazy quilting blog over to livejournal where my "real" blog has been for 5+ years. When I get back from PIQF, I will be switching desertskyquilting over, too.